Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

The incurable itch for scribbling

An incurable itch for scribbling takes possession of many, and grows inveterate in their insane breasts.  ~Juvenal, Satires


Literary eh? 


I was looking for something that describes my feeling towards writing today as I sit here, feeling vaguely bewildered with a 'to do' list of deadlines I have industriously bought down upon my own head and 'incurable itch' seemed completely, suddenly apt. 


Things I have been scribbling; 


And Then Come The Nightjars at Bristol Old Vic's Ferment was a daunting but brilliant outing for my new play. I was rewarded with overwhelmingly positive audience feedback that was not all written in my Dad's handwriting, including what must be the most politely written criticism I've ever received; "a few less 'fuckings' but perhaps not". Potty mouth aside, Bristol Old Vic have invited me back for some intensive development work on the script in March, hurrah! 


It's also chocs away for The Chocolate Plant which is clattering along with some speed and two imminent outings at the Challenging History Conference and Tobacco Factory's Prototype and, should you wish to, you can keep up to date with all things chocolate on the dedicated blog here


This week also saw me trundling off to Cardiff for a meeting with Radio 4, signing up to write for the Writers' Relay gala opening of Reading Between the Lines in Reading (see below) and a meeting with the lovely Evie and Rhiannon from Bristol based Common Wealth Theatre about their upcoming site specific work, House Bound. I'll update with details nearer the time because it's definitely going to be one to watch. 


So if you're looking for me in February or March I'll be right here, scribbling away next to the goldfish, well here or procrastinating on Facebook...


No comments:

Post a Comment